can´t see files in Vista Ultimate...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 2Gb 120Gb 8600GT 128Gb DDR3
Hi there,
i´m asking your help after long time searching for this problem, with no sucess. I´m a proud owner of a MacBook Pro with 2 weeks, after too many years with Windows. I settle a network directly with ethernet cable with sucess, i can see all the Mac files in Vista but only can see the public vista folder in Mac. When i set to share any other folder in Vista, Mac OS X recognise in network but i can´t see any files, i only see files in public folder.
All i want is to share my media files without burning dvd´s.
Thanks for any help.

Mac OS X 10.4.10 (8R2232)
Windows Vista Ultimate

Reaction score
Make sure you add the user name you used on the Mac in Vista, and with the same password. I don't know about Vista, but in XP pro/media center, there is an option to enable "simple file sharing," which is also the default in XP home.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can networking and share files between the two OS but with Mac i only see files in the Vista public folder (i see all the folders that i set to share but can´t see any files or sub-folders in it). With Vista i see all folders and files in Mac.
Thanks for your reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Connect directly to the server (In finder, hit Command+K) by entering the ip address (smb://xx.xx.xx.xx) and then you will be able to access your partitions. Make sure you are sharing your folders from within Vista though (Right click the drive, and select Sharing)

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I still don´t see the folders files (only Vista public folder), but i manage this way: like i said in Vista i see all Mac files and folders, so i remember simple to drag my mp3 Vista folder into Mac music folder and it works, it´s now sending files to my Mac!. Hope this helps, because i saw people with same problem...
The speed information in Vista transfer is +/- 14,5 MB/s, about 18 min (15,3 GB left), is this ok for ethernet cards?
Thanks for helping.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.