Canon 5D tethered remote trigger w/ Macbook Pro possible?

Reaction score
Hi,

Do any Canon 5D users have their camera tethered to their Macbook or Macbook Pro? I've been searching for EOS Utility and Remote Capture, which should apparently allow me to do it, but can't find the dmg file links. Anyone managed to get it set up? and if you could post the file links that would be great.

Thanks,

NoBob.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 ghz CTD/2gb RAM. iPod Nano Gen 1 (4 GB)
Not that it helps but I've got it for my Pentax K10D. It's not that useful I find.

You can control all camera settings from behind the computer but it seems a bit cumbersome to me to not be sitting behind the camera instead.

SLC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
POS Dell right now. 2.8 ghz pentium 4 256mb RAM and 40GB HD
I've controlled my Digital Rebel XT from a friend's Macbook before, only thing I really liked about doing it over handholding is no camera shake from pressing the shutter (use mirror lockup) and the larger playback review in HiRes as apposed to a small screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
I shoot with a 5D tethered to my MBP a lot, I use Capture One Pro as the software, and a 30 metre USB cable. You can use the Canon software also, but Canon's website is an absolute shambles, and you'll have a hard time finding the right .dmg's. They don't actually let you download the software for free, only offering updates, which is useless for such simple applications.

The best way is to install the software off the CD that comes with the camera, then download the updates from a Canon website -

http://www.canon-asia.com/index.jsp?fuseaction=support&prod_type=dc&country=SG

You need to install EOS Utility first, then install EOS Capture.

I just wish they would sort out their website, its far from professional.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.