Data Transfer from OOOLLD PowerPC 7500

Reaction score
A friend of mine needs help... He just bought a print shop from a retiring gentleman. Long story short - The older gentleman was using an old Mac PowerPC 7200/75. It still works, but we need to transfer some data from it. I called the Apple store for some suggestions... The only one they had was to get a crossover cable and set up a local network. It is only a 500mb hard drive, so if worse came to worse, I guess we could use floppies, but obviously I'd rather not go that route.

I gave my friend an old G4 I had laying around, so by no means is he up to date, but better off than he was. Conected the 2 with a crossover and the G4 was able to see the PowerPC, but when I tried to connect, I got an error message. Dont remember exactly what it said but something about an older version of "x" was detected and cannot communicate. I will have to back to the shop to get the exact message, so I apologize, but can anyone help us out?

Would a scsi external zip do the trick?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.