LCD TV Question...

Reaction score
I am wanting to use my Macbook Pro hooked to a Samsung 32" LCD TV as a secondary display. When I attempt to set the Samsung resolution to 1360x768 in display preference, the image is off-center with a black band down the left side of the tv. I have used the dvi to vga supplied with my macbook, and have vga going into the set. When i set the resolution to 1024x768 the image is centered (but stretched).

Anyone else seen this? Any suggestions? I have searched the forum and the entire interweb, but cannot find anything.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Welcome! I'm not exactly sure if this will help, but give it worked for me...

Go into the Menu or Settings within the SAMSUNG display (on the display itself... nothing to do with the Mac)... and try the different Aspect Ratio settings there while you have the MacBookPro set with whatever resolution you are wanting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Check the aspect ratio. My Samsung has a "just scan" feature that automatically corrected for my Macs.
-Peace

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. But I have found nothing in the Samsung TV menu that would let me address this. I was looking for an "auto-adjust" feature, but there isn't one in this tv. Nothing lets me adjust any any geometry. I do have 4:3 and 16:9 as options, but both are off-center.

Thanks again.

OP
M
Reaction score
I found a utility "SwitchResX" which let me adjust position to a degree. It is now almost centered, but tolerable for now. I have a feeling I should try DVI to HDMI, and not use VGA all. Wonder if Best Buy has adapters...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.