xterm

Reaction score
How can I use xterm? So where I can get some information how to use it. I know what is the head thing what to do with this but I dont even know these words. You know:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
For a Mac, unless you really NEED xterm, you don't need xterm. You can use Terminal.app instead. Both are basically bash command shells. In general, anything you can do in xterm you can do in Terminal.app, but without the need of installing Apple's X11.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
xterm is part of X windows, which is another windowing system. Like mac57 suggested if you need it only to access the command line then terminal will work for you. If you need to run some X11 applications them you will need to load the X11 software.

OP
V
Reaction score
thank you but i couldn't find terminal.app. I tried to search with spotlight but there is one folder named terminal but its seems to be empty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should see it, Terminal.app (the "T" is upper case) in your Applications folder.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It should be in the Applications -> Utilities folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whoops, I stand corrected. Thanks baggss. I use Terminal all the time, so it has a prominent place on my Dock. Hence I don't go hunting for it in its home location any more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.