Battery issue after spill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2Ghz C2D, 2GB ram
Hey everyone;
Two weeks after coming to College, I have already spilled water on my beautiful macbook. I took the usual course of action: took the battery out, unplugged all peripherals, used a towel to get what moisture I could get off the keyboard, and then tilted it on its side with a fan blowing on the keyboard (its a little humid here) for about 36 hours or so.

I just booted it up, and everything seems to work fine, except the battery. It has an x through the indicator, which apparently means battery not recognized. I have the power-mag plugged in, and it is green, but I dont want to unplug and have it shutdown improperly...

So I was wondering if I should let it dry out longer, or if the issue means its already shot.... and if thats the case would a new battery do the trick, or is it a more complicated internal issue?

Thanks for the insights!
And yes, I have learned a very valuable lesson here. Live and learn.

OP
RawfodoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2Ghz C2D, 2GB ram
Anyone have any suggestions??
I really need to know if I should visit an Apple store, as I dont have easy access to one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.