1.8ghz w/ 2gb of RAM: will it run Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.8ghz MBP6,2(4gb) | 20" iMac | 1.8 & 2.0 Mini(4gb) | iPhone4 | iPad-4Wifi
Will a 1.8ghz Mini with 2gb RAM run Leopard? I am picking it up tomorrow but want to make sure it will run it ok.

I am also planning to hook it up to a 42" HD TV via DVI. Any issues I should be aware of?

Reaction score
i thought the minis could only project an image only up to 30 inches or somewhere in the 30s. I could be completely wrong though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It supports a display of 1920 x 1200 pixels through the DVI connector. Now that's less than 30 inches on a regular LCD screen, but TVs tend to have larger pixels, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
To answer your first question. Yes it will run leopard. Right now it seems that Leopard will even run on early G4's.

Before my mini bit the dust, I was running it on a 50" Samsung Tv with a DVI to HDMI connector as a makeshift appletv lol. So yes it will. And on my tv at least, the picture looked stunning.

OP
JohnJohn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To answer your first question. Yes it will run leopard. Right now it seems that Leopard will even run on early G4's.

Before my mini bit the dust, I was running it on a 50" Samsung Tv with a DVI to HDMI connector as a makeshift appletv lol. So yes it will. And on my tv at least, the picture looked stunning.

Thanks I will be buying a family pack of Leopard then,

I picked it up the Mini today. 1.83, SuperDrive floor model from MicroCenter $549 less 10%...smokin deal if you ask me. I can't wait to get home and get this thing plugged in. Drop my MBPs left over 2gb of RAM in it.

I have all my DVDs (that I own) ripped to a 1TB drive.

I need to run some audio back to the tuner...hmmm. A long headphone to a red & white adapter should work fine. While I'm doing that I may as well 10/100 it too. Wifi is annoying sometimes.

Now on to find a one piece, bluetooth, keyboard with mouse combo. Wish me luck on that venture. I wish there was a small keyboard with a rolling trackball on the top right hand side, that would be killer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jan 08 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8 Core, 10GB Ram, 2.25TB, ATi Radeon 3870.
Thanks I will be buying a family pack of Leopard then,

I picked it up the Mini today. 1.83, SuperDrive floor model from MicroCenter $549 less 10%...smokin deal if you ask me. I can't wait to get home and get this thing plugged in. Drop my MBPs left over 2gb of RAM in it.

I have all my DVDs (that I own) ripped to a 1TB drive.

I need to run some audio back to the tuner...hmmm. A long headphone to a red & white adapter should work fine. While I'm doing that I may as well 10/100 it too. Wifi is annoying sometimes.

Now on to find a one piece, bluetooth, keyboard with mouse combo. Wish me luck on that venture. I wish there was a small keyboard with a rolling trackball on the top right hand side, that would be killer.

wow, you mean the micro center on e quincy? lol. nice to see someone else from CO.

OP
JohnJohn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow, you mean the micro center on e quincy? lol. nice to see someone else from CO.

Yup, I snagged the floor model. Coffee sometime! I have been looking for a MacUser group. Maybe we should start one? <pause> I just picked up the URL MacMingle.com. You in? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jan 08 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8 Core, 10GB Ram, 2.25TB, ATi Radeon 3870.
heck ya! there are a ton of mac users at my school (Art Institute). i also do a bit of web design (and imagine that you do too) so yeah, sounds good. I should be getting a mac pro around my birthday (december) and can't wait for that. so yeah, i'll shoot ya a pm with some contact info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Gotta love that Mac mini...totally worth what you paid for man. :D

Mine's running at 2.33GHz (because we installed a whole new processor out of our stock at YourMacStore), and wowsers...I love how this little guy can give my PC laptop a run for it's money.

(Yes I know, I'm a dirty jerk for using both PCs and macs...but those macbooks are EXPENSIVE ;) )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.