Reflection of a stack of photos - CS3 - help needed

Reaction score
Hi all!.

I am experimenting in Photoshop CS3 with reflections off glass etc. I have an interesting issue:

I can create stacks no problem, but when I create the *REFLECTION* of a stack, the *REFLECTION* of the TOP image in the stack, becomes transparent in relation to items BEHIND it in the stack, which I don't feel would happen in reality; can anyone suggest how to overcome this, and make it so that the foremost REFLECTION appears translucent - it is a reflection after all, but so that it DOESN'T show through, the reflection of the image BEHIND it:

Reflection_issue.png

<< EDIT >>

I *Kinda* solved it, but not an ideal solution:

Reflection_Stacks_solved.png

Complex things, reflections!!

OP
glosswhite
Reaction score
They look cool though.

Hey thanks!. The solution I used is not perfect, but for this effect and background, it would seem to suffice. I'd prefer a "one size fits all" solution, but I am sure I shall work it out in time. ;)

Reaction score
Have you by any chance got a link to a tutorial on how I can do this in CS3?

Reaction score
I would also be interested if you can get a tutorial for that, it looks quality.

OP
glosswhite
Reaction score
I shall make a screencap video when I have time in the next 24 hours.

Here is the "Family Guy" wallpaper, as per request (1280x1024 pixels):

Request_WPaper.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.