G4 iBook power problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" G4 iBook 768m 60g
Hello All,
The other day, my iBook would not boot up. I made an appointment at the local Apple store. They found some bad sectors I guess on the hard drive. He ran a utility, on my drive, and all is good I thought.

I get home, and noticed that the light on the power cable was flickering green, then went orange. It has never flickered before. Then all of a sudden it went to sleep. For some reason it is only running on battery power. I dont think The problem is the power cord, because when it is in sleep mode, the battery is charging. But, when you wake it up, it is only using battery power, and goes to sleep when the battery is dead. I have tried to search past posts for the same problem, but my battery is old, and only lasts a few minutes on a full charge. I have tried resetting PRAM, and the PMU, but I still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sean

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.