GIMP question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,33 Ghz , 2GB Ram , 120 GB HDD , X1600
I have instaled GIMP ( because a lot of forumers recomend it ) . I have instaled X11SDK.pkg from my 1st Mac OS X DvD , but it stil dose not runs ? It says that i need to instal x11 from my Mac OS X DvD ! How i can fix that problem ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
You need to install X11 from the Optional Installs of the DVD. It sounds as if you've installed the X11 SDK, which isn't what you need.

Put the DVD in and scroll down the window, you'll see the Optional Software installer.

OP
Artiomoff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay , thank you !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You need to install X11 from the Optional Installs of the DVD. It sounds as if you've installed the X11 SDK, which isn't what you need.

Put the DVD in and scroll down the window, you'll see the Optional Software installer.

Here is a step-by-step guide to installing X11:

1/ Put in your Main Gray Install DVD that came with your Mac. When it opens a window, scroll down until you fine the Optional Installs package.
2/ Click it and when it comes up, agree to everything. Tell it the drive to install to.
3/ It will then give you a selection menu. Click and expand Applications and select just X11.
4/ Proceed. It should install cleanly.

OP
Artiomoff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here is a step-by-step guide to installing X11:

1/ Put in your Main Gray Install DVD that came with your Mac. When it opens a window, scroll down until you fine the Optional Installs package.
2/ Click it and when it comes up, agree to everything. Tell it the drive to install to.
3/ It will then give you a selection menu. Click and expand Applications and select just X11.
4/ Proceed. It should install cleanly.

Thanks allot that is perfect step by step guide it helped ! Thanks one more time !

Reaction score
Bring Out the Gimp!

GIMP rocks! Glad you got it working. Had a great fun editing my wedding photos a couple of weekends ago! There was one photo where my face was obscured by a strand of ivy, but otherwise a great photo! Was able to blend an image of me and my wife with the background from the photo I wanted. Using mask and blur etc. Way cool!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
I used Gimp for years on my PC....and it was one of the first things I installed on my new iMac when I switched....and I like the look/feel of it on the Mac better!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.