Express, Extreme or non-Mac router?

Reaction score
I bought Airport Express in hopes of being able to get wi-fi on my new MacBook Pro at home and sharing the Internet with my PC desktop (which doesn't have a wireless card).

I wasn't sure about how to fit my Vonage box into the configuration and went back to the Mac store. They told me there is no "in" port on the Express so I either have to a) upgrade to Extreme so that I can hook in my PC desktop via ethernet or B) buy a wireless card for my desktop and use Express.

(I'm new to wireless so don't know if making my desktop wireless will result in slower surfing times via the cable modem)

I see a third option - buy a non-Mac wireless router that is a lot cheaper than Extreme but has an in port. This one at Future Shop (a Canadian store) looks to me like it would do the trick: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10076846&catid=

Whatever I do, I'll have to work the Vonage box into the configuration.

Thanks,
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
That router will do fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.