Password Protecting Files and Applications

Reaction score
Does anyone know a gd application which allows me to password protect my folders, files and application. but only ones which i want to password protect.

Thank You

Reaction score
You can't. You're thinking in the wrong rut. And oh please: don't believe anyone who says you can especially but not limited to those who want money. You can make encrypted compressed archives (or use VileFault) but you can't just password protect things on a Unix disk. C'est impossible.

And remember: whoever has physical access to your computer owns it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
You could however create a writeable image using disk utility (Disk Ut > New image > specify size > 128 encryption > read write) and then mount it whenever you want to access your files. Only it doesn't expand as you add more files to it. And I wouldn't recommend running apps off a DMG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'd suggest using the search button at the top of the forum. This has been discussed before and you'll find lots of good information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
You can make a encrypted disk image as mentioned above or you can make a hidden folder using terminal

type in mkdir .hiddenfolder

were hiddenfolder is the name of the hidden folder your creating.

to access this folder choose go from the finder menu and choose go to folder. then type in ~/.hiddenfolder

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.