Samsung lcd's

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get an lcd monitor for my MBP so I can clear off some desk space. I have been looking around for the money the Samsung SyncMaster 216BW 21.6" seems to be the best bet for myself. I was just wondering what others thought about this thing. I have read reviews on the monitor and it seems to do pretty good. Even though its 5ms does that really mean that much now a days? Also how well does using an external monitor on a MBP work? Like do you have to leave your laptop monitor up the whole time when your using the external or can you close your laptop? I'm wanting to put the laptop under my desk when I'm using the external. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
The laptop has to be on of course. You can however, close the lid. But I wouldn't recommend putting it under the desk cause the lappy needs to breathe.

Anyway, why would you want to not use the laptop display as well? It will be great for keeping palettes, ichat windows, and such.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Well, I have two 21" monitors, a Samsung Syncmaster 213T and a ViewSonic VP2130b. The Viewsonic is on my Mac, the Syncmaster is on my PC.

There is NO comparison. The Viewsonic produces a brigher, crisper and better image, hands down. I would consider a Viewsonic product in their VP line before buying a Samsung.

By the way, I should note that this is "dated" information. The Syncmaster is 2.5 years old and the Viewsonic is over 1 year old, so things may changed relatively speaking over the last period of time. I just thought that the anecdotal information might be of some value.

OP
D
Reaction score
Here is something that I just do not understand. I bought the samsung 216bw the other day and it shipped out today; I got it for $229. Today when I checked tigerdirect's site it is being sold for $259. Why did they go up on the price? I'm just glad that I got it when I did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Why not save a liitle $ and get the 206BW? It has the same resolution and the 216BW so the pixels are a little smaller so it looks a little cleaner.
-Peace

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Well, TigerDirect is not perfect. They are just *usually* the best game in town. In this case, obviously not!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.