Can I switch these files to my mac?

K

kathleen

Hi guys,

I ordered a new Powerbook and can't wait for it to arrive...now I have a question about switching files from my old computer (a PC) to my new Mac. This is probably a silly question, but please forgive me, as I know nothing about computers...

I have a lot of files from a program that runs only on Windows (DeadAIM) that contain a lot of important information. I know I can't run DeadAIM on my Mac to open the files, but can they be opened with some other program? The files are "HTML documents." Will I be able to open them in Safari or some other Mac program?

Thanks and sorry again if this is a very obvious or dumb question :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
It would seem at first that HTML files can be opened, maybe by Safari, but I see many strange results searching for DeadAIM. Maybe a bit more on that would narrow things down a bit

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
DeadAIM is an third party addon to the popular Windows AIM client.

OP
K

kathleen

DeadAIM records AIM conversations. It saves them as HTML files. They open on my PC in DeadAIM but you can also choose to open them in Netscape Navigator. I figured they could be opened in Safari as well, but I wanted to make sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
If they can open in Netscape, no reason they wouldn't in Safari

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.