problems with internet connections

S

sokool

Recently bought the g4 powerbook OS.10.2.3 seems to be doin fine.. xcept for the internet connection..
i'm using normal dial-up connection via modem.. fail to understand wat da prob may be...
it often connects for a minute or 2 n then disconnects... it takes a quiet a long time to finally get online.. without further break offs...

plz. lemme know wat cud b wrong

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What internet service are you using?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Im thinking ISP aswell.. sounds like a netzero

OP
S

sokool

Bein in Malaysia... usin Timenet as ISP...
do u think da prob lies in the ISP or elsewhere...
'coz i don't find such probs when workin on the Microsoft environment..

OP
G

GSMarquis

Had a simular prob with ISP

If the servers on the other end are microsoft servers then they prob use "selective ACKS" or "Timestamping". You need to disable these on your mac. You can edit the en0, ppp0 config or download a app called "rmac" you can edit en0, ppp0 there to remove timestamping.

OP
J

JES13

GSMarquis said:
If the servers on the other end are microsoft servers then they prob use "selective ACKS" or "Timestamping". You need to disable these on your mac. You can edit the en0, ppp0 config or download a app called "rmac" you can edit en0, ppp0 there to remove timestamping.

WHERE do we find these "Timestamping" things to 'disable'??? Maybe that's my problem too??? Thanks

jes13

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.