Iphone w/ Linksys Wi-fi

Reaction score
Just activated my iphone and i'm trying to connect to my wi-fi. It shows up that i'm using wi-fi instead of edge, but whenever i attempt to view a website or use youtube it says that it can't connect to the server. Any ideas how to fix this?

Reaction score
I had problems connecting my macbook to my linksys wi-fi. The thing is, cisco systems makes their firmware based on windows. So i had to change my firmware on my linksys in order to connect my macbook wirelessly. I'm pretty sure thats the reason. Try connecting your iphone to a netgear or d-link, or any other router that's not linksys. If it works on those routers, then it's definitely the linksys firmware.

Reaction score
There should be no problem with the stock linksys firmware. I have the WRT545G with the stock firmware and am able to connect my iPhone, iMac, and PB with no problem.

What router model # do you have?
Are you able to connect wireless with any other devices?
Are you sure you router is getting internet from the modem?
Are you getting an IP address with your iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone 5, Apple TV
I've got the WRT54G and I dont have any problems with my iBook, MBP or iPhone on stock firmware.

OP
A
Reaction score
fixed...i had to change my DNS setting on both the Iphone and the router. Works like a charm...whatever that means.

Reaction score
fixed...i had to change my DNS setting on both the Iphone and the router. Works like a charm...whatever that means.

Would you mind telling me exactly what you set the DNS to? I'm having same problem you described with the iPhone and same model router.

Thanks,

John

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.