trasfering files between two macs with a wireless router

Reaction score
I have a power book and a mac pro, both are connected to a wireless router for internet access.

Is there any way I can transfer files from one to the other through the wireless network. I'm a little weak on the technicalities of networking so, I'd really appreciate it if someone could walk me through this.

Thanks,

Dan

http://www.onewordphotography.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
If both are connected to the router, then just click on the Network tab (in the finder window) and they show show up there.

If they don't, then go to System Preferences > Sharing > and click on Personal file sharing. Somewhere below there will be a text which says something like "use this computer name to access your mac from other macs" and it will show like "oneword-imac-something.local". Just click on the desktop, and press Command+K, and enter that name without the quote marks and press connect. Should work.

Otherwise the router isn't configured right..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.