24 hours with 1st Mac (Macbook) Key "G" wont work

Reaction score

did the hardware checker, no problem found, I know how to fix windos drivers issues, bt brand new to Mac OS X

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

did the hardware checker, no problem found, I know how to fix windos drivers issues, bt brand new to Mac OS X

Is the issue confined to Windows or does it also not work in OS X? If it doesn't work in either, I'm afraid you might just have a bad keyboard.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks I have not (yet) installed Windows or Bootcamp of Parallel

Thanks, I have not (yet) installed Windows or Bootcamp of Parallel, so it's not a windows or bootcamp or parallell

when I type loercase Gm i Get no ltter but hear a "tone", when I type uppercase G it's OK..that's why I thouGt software or driver

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks, I have not (yet) installed Windows or Bootcamp of Parallel, so it's not a windows or bootcamp or parallell

when I type loercase Gm i Get no ltter but hear a "tone", when I type uppercase G it's OK..that's why I thouGt software or driver

OK, that's odd that you can type a 'G' in tandem with shift. It definitely suggests that it's not a problem with the key itself. Have you tried contacting Apple yet?

OP
C
Reaction score
Checking back in to say Thank you

Turned out it was a setting I modified, and after playing around, I fixed it.

So, I have been switched FROM WIN XP TO MAC OS X for 5 days

..and I tell ALL my Buds..

LUVIN THE MAC - NEVER GOIN' BACK!

I will need to do bootcamp to run a couple of my favorite Windows-centric programs without having to buy new Mac or universal programs, ( Ulead PhotoImpact, Adobe programs that I bought for Windows, etc)

Other then that, and figuring out how to do everything in MAIL that I am used to in Outlook, I am completey switched

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.