G3 ethernet card

rtv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, OSX & Mac G3, OS 9 1 gig processer
Hello All, I have a desktop beige Mac G3 with OS 9.2 and the ethernet port went out. So I got a network card for the open PCI slot and it worked just fine until it got zapped in a power surge. I want to get another network card for the open PCI slot and cannot find one anywhere that works with OS 9. I have bought 2 so far that didnt work, they were for OS 7.5-8.5, I thought they would work on OS 9 but no. So can anyone tell me where I can get a network card? I have searched all over the net looking for this item. Thanks.

Reaction score
Who makes the cards you have? Have you tried going to their website and seeing if there is an updated driver for them?

OP
R

rtv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, havent done that. Since the thernet is out I cant get online.

OP
R

rtv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok then, got to the website of manufacturer, downloaded newer version drivers, copied to back up disk, put in faulty Mac, installed new drivers, works just fine now. Thanks for that idea, Cradom it worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.