Network issue on MacBook

Reaction score
Hi all,

My sister in law bought a MacBook about a year ago (last august I believe), and used wireless for the short time she had it before going off to school. At school, they only had wired access. She couldn't get it to work, so upon me looking at it, I concluded that it was i need of serious repair. The computer didn't even realize it had a build-in ethernet port.

Anyway, they fixed it and all was well. Well she just went back to school, and was having trouble again. This time it's showing a build-in eithernet port, and she can change settings on it (switch it from auto-neg to 10BaseT-HD, etc), but it just shows "not connected". She's tried different ports on the wall, different cables, all with no luck.

Is there any simple fixed we can try to get this work, or does it seem like it's hardware failure again?

Any help someone might provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook
thats weird, that was the same problem i had on my pro. i hope someone can answer this question, cause i would liek to kno too

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.