paralles vs. bootcamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook
i got my macbook, and im ready to put some stuff on it. one of the things i want to do is put on a windows program. now i had parallels version 2 i think on my pro, and it was useless. it wouldnt run games or read usb 2.0. it also ran kinda slow. i dont mind having to reboot my computer, and memory is not a problem because i have 120 gigs and a 320 gig external. one problem i have is i dont have any copy of windows, just a upgrade of vista. is there anyway i can get it online and download it? legally or illegally? also is parrelles version 3 alot better? thanks

T

todd51

Games will not run in Parrallels, period. You would definately need Bootcamp if you wanted any chance of your games performing well. I would just go out and buy a legit copy of XP or Vista if you want. Of course there are ways obtaining it illegally online, but that might get you into too much trouble and it's also not allowed to be discussed on the forums.

I'm sure you could buy a new key online through Microsoft if you have an older CD, but I don't think you would be able download the OS itself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Do a search, this has been discussed many times.

Eta: Also, discussion of illegal activity isn't allowed here.

OP
raptorkid700
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook
thats why i didnt mention if i had it or not....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
everyone is really twitchy on this forum when it comes to downloaded software :/ I bet there are loads of people on here that do it, I would never pay stupid amounts of money for windows.

OP
raptorkid700
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
agreed. if anyone knows a torrent like thing for macs, could you email me the link at [email protected] . or if there isnt any, just tell me in the forum. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You apparently have issues...

You were warned about illegal activity and yet you continue. I suggest after your ban you read the rules before you decide to stay here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.