well, i gota macbook goin from a macbook pro..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook
alright, yesterday i got a new computer, a macbook in white. its prety loaded, 2.16 ghz , 2 gigs of ram and a 120 gig hd. i am steping down ( not really upgrading) from a macbook pro, wich is a year old. i love the computer, but i completly cracked the screen, cant see a thing, and its got alot of other problems, like blown speaker, latch wont stay closed ETC. it had a 80 gig hd, but thats all i remember, i think it had 1 gig of ram but not shure. after usin it for a few hours, i like it alot. its smaller and lighter, and doesnt get as hot as my pro. i was worried about how bad the glossy screen would be ( . i chose matte on my pro) but the glare isnt bad. although i havent used it outside yet. the computer is alot faster then my pro tho, i love it :D . it was sweet because my dad is going to school, so i got free nano ( got it in red, its a 4gig) and printer. this wil add to my familly collection of apple products- imacg4, 2 ibooks, macbook pro, black macbook, my new white macbook, ipod 2nd gen, ipod photo, ipod nano 1st gen black, nano 1st gen whit, silver 2nd gen nano, black video 30gig, and my new ipod nano red.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
Cool. Did you get rid of your MBP?

OP
raptorkid700
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook
nope still got it. hd is for sale, 80 gig. how much is everything else worth? like hd, motherboard, video card ETC. ony thing thats proken are speakers, clamshell isnt the best and screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
I wouldn't recommend pulling things from the MBP apart and selling them separately. Try fixing the speakers first and list it on eBay. The thing should sell for no less than $1,200 if the condition is "good".

Otherwise, you could keep the MBP as your back-up laptop or make it a gift for your dad?

OP
raptorkid700
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my dad already has a macbook black. the mbp isnt even usable. it would cost 1.2 grand just to fix it, so its not worth it

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
my dad already has a macbook black. the mbp isnt even usable. it would cost 1.2 grand just to fix it, so its not worth it

There is a very good market for damaged Macs on eBay. An enterprising individual could probably repair that machine for a fraction of the estimates you've seen. If I didn't have the skill to repair it myself, I would probably just put it up on eBay as-is, listing the faults and see what you get. I'm guessing it would fetch about $500.

If you'd like to try your hand at repairing it yourself, check out http://www.ifixit.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
dont pull it apart. sell it as faulty. - run it in clamshell mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
if you just kept it you would get no money for it, so you may as well just put it on ebay and take whatever you get for it. its better than nothing and just having it lay around!

Reaction score
what are all the specs on the mbp?
i have an external screen and speakers so this may be perfect if the specs/price are right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
I wouldn't recommend pulling things from the MBP apart and selling them separately. Try fixing the speakers first and list it on eBay. The thing should sell for no less than $1,200 if the condition is "good".

Otherwise, you could keep the MBP as your back-up laptop or make it a gift for your dad?

i got around 1200 for a prestine 2.16 in january. i wouldnt expect 1200 now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.