Swapping out Airport Disks?

Reaction score
I've been using a drive as an airport disk for a while with no problems. However I wanted to switch which drive I was using - so I ejected the airport drive off my desktop, powerd down the drive, disconcted it from the airport extreme, and hooked up the new drive. But Airport Disk utility says it won't mount. I tried changing the parameters from Connect With Password, to Connect as Guest, but that didn't seem to help. And, as usual, I can't find the instructions for how to do this in apple manual (my fault I'm sure). So. aaaaaahhhhhh! Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
Have you tried to restart the base station?

OP
S
Reaction score
Yup, restarted the base station. Also went into Airport Utility and re-setup file sharing for the disk. Seems like I did everything. And when I try and mount the disk, the box says: "Connection Failed. Inknown user, incorrect password, or login is disabled. Please retype the login information or contact the disk's administrator. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And you updated the firmware to 7.2.1? An you can connect the HDD directly to the Mac? If yes, it is weird....

OP
S
Reaction score
Yup, yup and yup, I'm afraid. Arg. All I can think is that I had a different drive in p[lace as the airport disk before, and some part of the software thinks it needs to look for that one. The curse of Apple continues, undisturbed. :Grimmace:

And you updated the firmware to 7.2.1? An you can connect the HDD directly to the Mac? If yes, it is weird....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That should not really be the problem. I can for example put a memory stick in the hub I have connected to base station and it immediately shows up as an extra disk. Maybe repairing permissions will help as a last resort?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.