Mac Address Emulator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2Ghz, 500GB + Basic Macbook
I am at school and they only allow you to have a 1 computer on the network, and I think that the only way I can get both my iMac and Macbook on the network is by giving them identical mac addresses. Does anyone know of a Mac Address Emulator for Mac OS X, as google has shown nothing.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i would try using a router.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dont really want any expensive, complicated, space consuming hardware, I would rather a bit of software if possible.

Reaction score
Just use internet connection sharing. I assume you get your internet from the school by Ethernet, so just setup an AdHoc networks for you wireless and share the ethernet connection to it. You will probably need to manually assign IP addresses on your wireless network since you won't have a DHCP server. Personally, I would just buy a router since they can be found very cheap.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How do I do that?

Reaction score
How do I do that?

On the System that has the internet connection by Ethernet:
Go to System Preferences, then Sharing, go to the Internet tab. Select "Airport" under port and select "Built-in Ethernet" for where you are sharing the connection from, then click Start.

Go to system preferences, then Network, select AirPort, then make sure "Show AirPort status in menu bar".

Select the AirPort logo on the menu bar and select Create Network, input a name and select options.

On the System that you want to share it to:
Connect to that wireless network.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Will this only work when im near my other computer?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, is there any alternitave, as my room is probably 3/4 mile away from the school where i need to use my laptop...

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am going to try having my laptop allowed on the internet, and then have it streaming data wirelessly to my desktop, so my laptop will work in lessons, and my desktop will work in my room.

I got the connection working and it said it was connected, but the internet didnt work, and network diagnostics didnt help.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
perhaps This is out there but why not ask some one who does not have a computer on campus to use there Mac Address? There has to be a few people that dont have a computer and you can work out something to make it worth while for you to get there mac and they get what ever you are willing to barter. being if every one had a computer computer labs would disappear.
Best of luck to you.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good idea but the problem is that i could get suspended as the school would see it as fraud.

There is one decent techie and he agreed to put both on as long as I can come in to the IT lab when his boss isnt around so fingers crossed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I am at school and they only allow you to have a 1 computer on the network, and I think that the only way I can get both my iMac and Macbook on the network is by giving them identical mac addresses. D

Good idea but the problem is that i could get suspended as the school would see it as fraud.
Then common sense would dictate that you would be better off leaving things as they are.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would get into trouble if i took someone elses account, but they said if I can get 2 computers on the network then good for me...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.