Couple of questions

Reaction score
What audio hardware does the latest MacBook Pro use? Does anyone know the actual hardware (spec)? My other questions is what external devices are there which can be plugged into a MacBook Pro for the best sound quality possible if connecting to a hi-fi or headphones? i.e RCA jacks, high SnR?, etc. I'm an audiophile and would like to get the best sound possible from my MacBook Pro. Thanks.

OP
E
Reaction score
What audio hardware does the latest MacBook Pro use? Does anyone know the actual hardware (spec)? My other questions is what external devices are there which can be plugged into a MacBook Pro for the best sound quality possible if connecting to a hi-fi or headphones? i.e RCA jacks, high SnR?, etc. I'm an audiophile and would like to get the best sound possible from my MacBook Pro. Thanks.

OP
E
Reaction score
Info needed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
All I know is the Macbook pro has optical (digital) inputs as well as outputs so if you have a DD or DTS track, it should play just as it is...

What's with the multiple thread btw?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
The system profiler just says "Intel High Definition Audio". You can hook up a mini TOSlink to get digital sound out (and in).

OP
E
Reaction score
Ah so is it reference hardware? No specific manufacturer? Does anyone have any specs for ref Intel HD? Any ideas on external devices like I mentioned in original post?

OP
E
Reaction score
Multiple thread, because I accidentally put in software instead of hardware section, it was a mistake! :p

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks technologist, just what I was looking for! :D I'm rather disappointed by 90dB SnR but the S/PDIF is impressive! Now I need help with my second question. What external audio hardware can I get that is the best for hooking to up my hi-fi using RCA jacks for example or with headphones. I want the best sound quality possible. I might use the S/PDIF for connecting to hi-fi but I'm not sure yet! Thanks.

OP
E
Reaction score
Anyone? I really need someone to answer my question! Thanks :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.