iDvd not working

Reaction score
Hiya when ever i click idvd it just bounces in the middle and i see a flash of the menu.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1 GB memory 250 GB HDD ATI Radeon HD2400 XT 128 MB GFX card
i'm having the very same problem on my new Intel iMac... i need to burn a data DVD and i don't know how.

have you found a fix for this yet? i'm about to try my Mac OS X installation CD to see if i can manually re-install.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
JacktheMac, not sure what your issue could be, but you could try renaming the file called "com.apple.iDVD.plist" (just spotlight it to find it) to something like "com.apple.iDVD.temp" and then try to open iDVD again. the app should recreate the plist file. in some cases with some apps this will work, so it's worth a shot and it can't hurt anything. if it works just delete the original file you renamed.

JackBauerPower, to burn a data dvd just create a burn folder anywhere, drag the files to burn to it (this will create aliases/shortcuts to your actual data). then right click on the burn folder and select "burn disc." you will be prompted to insert a disk with enough room. pop in a dvd and you will then be prompted to name he dvd, select your burn speed, and then you're off!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1 GB memory 250 GB HDD ATI Radeon HD2400 XT 128 MB GFX card
Thank you, Eric! Drag-and-drop was so obvious, it was obscure.

JackTheMac, I reinstalled iDVD using the OS X install CD that came with my iMac, and it now works. (I did a custom install for only iDVD, not all of the bundled software nor the OS).

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
glad i could help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.