GOT IT!! (My first mac!!!)

J

Joeytpg

i'm so happy guys, as i told you, i was in Miami during this week, and i finally bought a 15" pbook 1.33 Combo Drive.........this computer rules, i mean.....i just got here (home) today and tomorrow i'll start transfering my Data (which is on the PC)

i went to an apple store down at Kendall, Fl. and i got:

1) Powerbook 15" 1.33 Combo Drive
2) .MAC

went to Best Buy and got:

1) Logitech MX510 Optical Mouse (i wanted the Cord one, cuz it's cheaper and it's basically the same !)...i wanted the Silver one (MX500) but they ran out, so got the 510)

2) Got a Kensington Pocket Hub USB (4 USB ports), since we only have two USB's i know i'll need more than 2.

Went to CompUSA to get EVERYTHING, (laptop, mouse, Crucial memory Ram) and they didn't have ANY OF THAT!..that sux, but what i DID find there was my BRAND new 15 gb iPod :D :D

one thing i really noticed about the apple mouse is that .. what a Good looking-GREAT feeling mouse!...i really wanted to get the apple mouse, but honestly i like multiple buttons. But i'll try and talk with a friend of mine too see if he can give an used one from him, since he has a LOT of macs.

OH OH, another thing......i was buying a few things at Marshall's and i found this laptop Backpack, ...guys this is the FINEST laptop -backpack i've seen so far (and of course i Bought it!) it's a High Sierra........ GREAT BAG!! :D

OP
J

Joeytpg

daxdagr8t said:
congrats on the purchase, i myself is a recent switcher.

isn't this Great?? hheeh apple rocks!..........i wan't to kow what should i do to transfer my Data (mp3's, Music videos, Data...etc) from my PC to my Pbook??...any ideas??.......

OP
M

Matt

Congrats!!!!! Do u LOVE your Apple more than any PC in the world???? Also, don't forget to change your profile! It stills says you ain't got a Mac !!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Congrats on the purchase, I too am recent switcher and couldn't be happier. My iMac came with a program called PC to MAC that will help you transfer stuff over. I put my iMac on my home network and just transferred stuff that way, it was pretty easy and painless.

BTW, Were you able to use the student discount?

rberry88

OP
T

The mac 13

Joeytpg said:
isn't this Great?? hheeh apple rocks!..........i wan't to kow what should i do to transfer my Data (mp3's, Music videos, Data...etc) from my PC to my Pbook??...any ideas??.......

use direct connection. maybe usb or lan. lan is more reliable!i m so happy for u... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I'd look here and suggest that neither computer be on line during transfer - Congratz! :)

OP
D

daxdagr8t

i usedmy student discount saving me about 200 dollars.last year i got me a alienware area 51 desktop and did not get a student discount.oh well i havent touch my since i bought my pb.hehehehe.

OP
N

nicholas

Congrats on the switch! Wow, sounds like you really pulled out all the stops loading up on all the great apple gear huh?

OP
J

Joeytpg

this is great guys.....i mean i used to read a lot of great things about macs here, but this is something that goes beyong my wildest dreams! hehehe

today i went to a friend's house to get it ready (installed a few programs, and he did the software upgrades for me.....and it's really working.....i'm writing from it right now! .......i need a little bit more time to adapt to the keyboard, but it's ok...in a week or two i'll be fine.....

i'd like to know where can i download mac janitor, because i went to versiontracker.com and couldn't find it...don't know why......

by the way.....yes i was able to use the student discount! :D so it was $2,080 of something like that (i think it really really was $ 2,064, for the final price...(because i got .mac)

well thank you guys for your advises and comments...i'll be posting even MORE frequently from now on.....maybe asking a few more questions and so on......

take care!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Crons can be manually run: Finder, Applications. Utilities Terminal type (switching to root - superuser) sudo sh /etc/daily. Every week, /daily change to /weekly, and every month /monthly :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.