iTunes... "authorization"???

G

G4Power

hey guys -
well i bought a couple songs from iTunes and threw a couple songs from a CD on a playlist and tried to burn it and i get the message... "one of more of these songs are not authorized for use on this machine''... authorizing these songs will allow them to be burned.... how do i do this? i found out how to DEauthorize but not authorize. Anyway please help me out here i'm getting a bit upset. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Apple sez…
To authorize a computer to play songs or spoken word content purchased from the iTunes Music Store, select the item (in your library or the Purchased Music playlist), and click the Play button.

If the computer is already authorized to play songs purchased using your account, the song plays.

If the computer has not yet been authorized to play songs purchased using your account, you're asked to enter your ID and password. Enter the ID and password for the account with which the song was purchased.

If you've already authorized five other computers to play your music purchases, you won't be able to play the songs on this computer until you deauthorize one of the already authorized computers.

To deauthorize a computer to play songs or spoken word content purchased from the iTunes Music Store, choose Advanced > Deauthorize Account. Then choose "Deauthorize Computer for Music Store Account" and enter your Apple or AOL ID and password.

If you have trouble deauthorizing the computer, visit the Music Store billing support webpage at www.apple.com/support/itunes/authorization.html.

To deauthorize a computer to play spoken word content purchased from the Audible website, choose Advanced > Deauthorize Computer. Then choose "Deauthorize Computer for Audible Account" and click OK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.