Gapless playback on ipod...Help!!!

Reaction score
I have this new gen of ipods, which also include search function. But i still can not figure out how to play songs gaplessly. i read that it can play songs gaplessly. also i updated the firmware. any help?
I also downloaded videos onto my ipod, i can see really clear video, but no sound? any help too? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I think you need to enable that setting from within iTunes, that is, when you plug in our iPod, open iTunes and click on the settings tab.

Reaction score
I think you need to enable that setting from within iTunes, that is, when you plug in our iPod, open iTunes and click on the settings tab.
There is no such setting. Gapless playback is automatic on the 5G (with firmware 1.2 or newer), 5.5G, iPhone, 2G nano, and presumably the new iPods (except the shuffle).

The only requirements for gapless playback are:
1. The tracks are actually gapless from the CD (duh). If the tracks are not galess, then they won't be gapless.
2. The tracks are ripped properly. (MP3 and AAC ripped via iTunes are gapless, Lame MP3 is gapless too).
3. Let iTunes scan the tracks for gapless information when importing the tracks (iTunes will automatically do this everytime you import songs, let it finish the process).
4. Play the songs as an album, or album shuffle. The tracks won't be gapless if you shuffle them by songs for obvious reason.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.