Is It Okay to Use Other Programs While Burning Discs?

Reaction score
The subject pretty much says it all...

I'm wondering if it is okay to run other programs while I'm burning CDs and DVDs. My friend something about "Information getting crossed," or something. So, now I'm wondering if he's right.

And, if I can run other programs while burning, is there any limit to what programs I should and shouldn't run. I've got 2GB of RAM so I should be okay performance-wise.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've never had any issues with running anything while burning a disc...

Reaction score
As you're working with "write once" media most often I wouldn't take a chance. Any kind of time slicing/preempting/glitch working against you could spell disaster. Then again they're getting better at this kind of thing. Your friend's theories are bonkers however.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
copy-pasted from my blog entry
At this moment, I'm typing in this web page, while couple of links are loading in the background, a DVD is burning, I'm copying a 3GB file off a Wi-Fi connection. I'm also constantly shifting between Safari, working on a book layout in Adobe Indesign CS3, and constantly previewing it in Adobe Acrobat. iTunes is also constantly playing music. Then there's Photoshop running with two documents open for font practice, iChat is open for instant messaging. Transmission is downloading a torrent. And I also have to constantly reach for the dashboard which itself is housing 8 widgets...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.