I guess these things just happen...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Well, I did the unthinkable. I received a call while driving and stupidly left the iphone on my lap after finishing, so I parked and got out of the car with it still sitting on me, thus sending it flying through the air onto asphalt. I guess I'm lucky because the screen is still fine, but the back has dings and there's very noticeable dents in the corners. Anyone else been as stupid as me and done this? I'm very depressed right now because I took such pride in keeping my iphone looking fantastic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
Ive done the exact thing! Except not with an iphone :p I got a new phone since then.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I was just thinking about how the it was only the silver back that got all scratched up, does anyone know if it would be possible or how much it would cost to get a replacement back?

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm that's tempting but i would have no idea how to install that myself, do you think apple would be able to do it for me and do you think it would cost a lot?

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wouldnt bet on them doing it, but you never know until you ask.

Really? I mean if I'm willing to pay and they do replacements anyway why wouldn't they? Although I'm sure you know better than me, but can I ask why?

Reaction score
Really? I mean if I'm willing to pay and they do replacements anyway why wouldn't they? Although I'm sure you know better than me, but can I ask why?

Just to give you an example why I doubt they will....

I was at an apple store yesterday to buy a case. I got one of the clear plastic ones that comes in 2 pieces that snaps together over the phone. I bought it, got out to the car, and wanted to see what it looked like actually on my phone. My phone had fingerprints and stuff on the screen and back. I didnt clean it up before I put it in the case, I just wanted to see what it looked like, take the case off, then put it back on once Id wiped it down really good at home.

I get the case on, then I cant get it off. I pryed and pulled and it just would not come off. So I go back in and talked to this sales girl. I said "I feel really stupid, I just bought this and I cant get it off." She said she had the exact same case and you just "have to pull on it with alot of force to get it off." She tried for a few minutes and couldnt get it. She handed it to me and said "I dont want to break it, you just have to really pull it apart."

Well I said "I dont want to break it either, dont you have a tool or something you could pry it apart with?" They have these special tools to open ipods or mac minis. She took it to the genius bar and asked the guy and I heard him say "absolutely not." So she hands it back to me and says "sorry, you'll just have to get a screwdriver or something."

So, Im guessing if they wont help me get a $30 case off my iphone, they wont be replacing the back casing of one.

But like I said, who knows?? Maybe they will for a price.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yikes, alright thanks, i'll just have to go check it out.

Reaction score
Had mine in my pocket and accidentally walked into the corner of a rolling case. Put a dime sized dent right under the camera. Was already having a bad day and five minutes before I leave work that happened.

I don't see why they wouldn't offer to fix there own product, at a price of course. I can understand them not wanting to pull your case off, Biffy, as its not their product, your not paying them anything, and it's not affecting the phone.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm going to my genius bar appointment tomorrow so I will post what they say in case anyone is wondering.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here's my update. Maybe some of you recall from this thread that my iPhone has many stuck pixels but was denied a replacement at the apple store. Well, when I went to ask about my dents I decided to bring up the pixels again, before the dents. This time, they took my phone for repair for the pixels! Now the question is, will they send me a new phone completely, (thus fixing my problem with the dents and scratches) or will they simply replace my screen? I can only hope. If they do only replace the screen, it's gonna cost me $250 to replace the back panel as any cosmetic repair is a flat rate of $250. Yikes, here's hoping for an entirely new phone. *crosses fingers*

Reaction score
How long you going to be without?? Ive got 1 stuck pixel, doesnt bother me too much, was just going to keep it. But Ive heard some people with 1 pixel have been able to swap theirs out for a new one at the store. Id rather just live with it than send in my phone to be repaired/replaced.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How long you going to be without?? Ive got 1 stuck pixel, doesnt bother me too much, was just going to keep it. But Ive heard some people with 1 pixel have been able to swap theirs out for a new one at the store. Id rather just live with it than send in my phone to be repaired/replaced.

Well, I went to the store on Monday and my phone had 4 stuck pixels, he told me he had "no idea what they do in repair" (I'm hoping he just didn't want to tell me that they would give me a new phone, possibly to get the $250 out of me), and told me it would arrive in the mail back to me by the end of the week. The reason I had no problem with this is I have an extra at&t phone I could just stick my SIM card in, and a few days is no big deal in my opinion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.