Burning DVDs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
i have a new iMac and I am not sure how to burn a DVD on it. Could someone help? Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Hi kuklacchica....what is is you want to do? Copy DVD's or copy files to DVD? If it is copy DVD's then that is an illegal operation which we can't help you with.
Mac's have their own software installed for doing DVD files copies etc.
There are a number of goo free programs such as Hand brake and Mactheripper....you will find these on the below links
http://www.macupdate.com/
http://www.pure-mac.com/
Personally I use Toast 8, but thats not free.
Other wise use the seach button on this forum and the Apple help files at their web site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Reaction score
i have a new iMac and I am not sure how to burn a DVD on it. Could someone help? Thank you!

aplications/utilities/disk utility (DU)

if you want to (legally) copy a DVD first make an image with DU and then burn the image

if you want to burn files from your HDD you could also make an image of the folder where your files are and then burn it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
If you simply want to copy a DVD (legally) then just download an app called burn.app, its much easier. Burn.app is free by the way. or you could pay a bit and get a much better programme called toast 8, which is amazing.

If you simply want to burn some work to a CD then just make a burn folder, drag the files you want to burn to the folder and click burn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Toast 8 is the Nero of the Mac....only a hundred times better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.