MacBook downloads incredibly slow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
Compared to the PC, my MacBook downloads incredibly slow. The PC downloaded the new version (the mac install file) for Thunderbird in like 2 or 3 minutes while the MacBOok took an hour....its am 18mb file!! (And I made sure it was exactly the same file) so I know it isn't the server for Mozilla going slow. Why is my MacBook so slow? Its even slower (~3 kb/sec as opposed to ~5-7 kb/sec) when I plug it into the same Linksys router the PC is plugged in to (PC downloaded file at ~160 kb/sec). Both systems were using Safari too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I would check your setup. You may need to reset your router or even power cycle your setup.

OP
MBasile
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I would check your setup. You may need to reset your router or even power cycle your setup.

even though both the slow and fast computers are hooked up to the same router? And what on the setup should I check?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Something is wrong. Just went to mozilla and grabbed the latest Thunderbird. Tried several Macs and my PC's. All got over 200KB/s and it was done in just over a minute.

OP
MBasile
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
well yeah, I know something is wrong, but I have no clue where to start looking....any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.