QuarkXpress Upgrade??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Hello all, I was wondering something. I have tried to find it online but havent had much luck. If I have started a document in Quark Express 6.5 (which is on campus at my school) and came home and tried to open it in Quark Express Passport 7.2 and it will not open, nor even be recognized that its a Quark file. Does this mean that the file is corrupt or will 7.2 just not recognize 6.5 files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
It can recognise version 4, so 6.5 is no problem.

I think the file could be corrupted.

M

MacHeadCase

At school we use Quark Passport 6.5 and at home I have Quark Passport 7.3 and I have no problems at all in opening Quark files here or at school. So it does indeed look like the file is corrupt.

OP
ste6168
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
At school we use Quark Passport 6.5 and at home I have Quark Passport 7.3 and I have no problems at all in opening Quark files here or at school. So it does indeed look like the file is corrupt.

One more question.... Do i have to do anything specifcally when saving files from 7.2 in order for them to open correctly in 6.5?

OP
ste6168
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright, i figured the second question would not get much response... just bumping it back up there

T

todd51

I recently did a project for school in Quark. I didnt' have Quark at home so I figured I would download the free 30-day trial so I could work on it at home. Well I ended up doing the entire project at home and it wouldn't open on the computers at school using Quark 6.5.2. It was a royal pain so I think I'm going to try to just finish projects at school.

M

MacHeadCase

It isn't a royal pain, you simply don't know how to save your file. It's in the Quark Help files, btw.

When doing work in Quark 7.x and you want to open the file in Quark 6.x, the user needs to use, in Quark 7.x, the Export command and save the file as a Quark 6.0 file.

OP
ste6168
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It isn't a royal pain, you simply don't know how to save your file. It's in the Quark Help files, btw.

When doing work in Quark 7.x and you want to open the file in Quark 6.x, the user needs to use, in Quark 7.x, the Export command and save the file as a Quark 6.0 file.

I knew you would have the answer... thanks so so much!!

M

MacHeadCase

Just came back from a weekend out in the country last night. Weather, scenery and company were fabulous. :D

Oh and to be clear, if you are doing the reverse i.e. working in Quark 6.x and want to complete the work in Quark 7.x, you save the file normally like if you were going to continue the work in the same Quark version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.