travelling abroad with my MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP: 2.40ghz, 4gb ram, 256mb vram
Hello,

I have a trip planned to Asia by the end of next month. I'm wondering if I'm gonna have an issue bringing my MacBook Pro through the airport security. Is any parts such as the Hard Drive going to be defective after the security screening w/ the x-ray? I'm also taking 2 of my external hard drives...

any comments?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Absolutely not. Laptops would be useless in the business world if people couldn't travel with them. Whatever you do, don't put it in a checked bag. Carry it on the plane with you. And you'll have to pull it out of the bag at x-ray, so make sure you make it easy to get out as going through there is enough of a hassle.

Reaction score
MacBook Pro around the world

I have taken by MacBook Pro literally around the world as well as back and forth between US and Europe, several times. This includes many flights within Europe.

As stated the important thing is to have the MacBook ready to take out of your carry on to go through the security screen.

I also carry a couple of external drives which go through the X-Ray in my computer case.

Only other thing to remember is a power plug adaptor. I have found the easiest think to do is take a US extension cord and then use one adaptor for the wall socket, that permits plugging computer, mobile phone etc. into the extension cord rather than carrying multiple adaptors. It also solves the problem that most hotel rooms do not have enough conveniently located wall outlets.

Happy travels,
DMW

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP: 2.40ghz, 4gb ram, 256mb vram
Alrighty! Cool! thanks so much guys!

Reaction score
its just like takign any other laptop or electronic device on an airplane...but im assuming you dont travel to much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
You should have no problem, thought I'd chime in with the rest of them and say YES! you can take your laptop on with you. The x-rays will not damage your laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.