Case warping

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a refurbished MBP from Apple a month ago and just noticed that the right side of the MBP is starting to warp a bit. I searched around this forum and the internet and found that this was a problem with some of the MBP's. I just wanted to know if I am just being nitpicky or if it is something I should just get fixed by Apple before it warps any further.
Attached is a photo of the area I am worried about.

Cheers,

Vinh

DSC00059.JPG

Reaction score
dude that just doesn't even look right... u should get that check out i thought u meant the top part is a little warped...call up mac asap

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have seen some seriously warped and bent outer casings before.... this isn't one of them. The tiny bend on yours is fairly minimal and barely noticeable to me, even when the pic is blown up and you pointed it out. I wouldn't worry about it, especially if the machine is running fine.

Reaction score
Also check the rear vent on the notebook, mine is kinda sagging, it is a little pregnant! No seriously you can't slide a sheet of paper under it. Wonder if this is an issue...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz, 120 GB, 2 GB RAM, Superdrive
Take it to an Apple Store, more than likely they'll swap it out or fix it.

Reaction score
its an expensive investment and me being another owner of a MBP i like my investments to be as close to perfect as possible...so if you dont mind living with it then by all means... live with it ...but if you want it fixed go and get it fixed

TWM

Reaction score
i agree, i mean you paid for a notebook, and unless it said it was warped on the tag, i would say take it back. it doesn't look bad... but it really depends on how you feel.... all in all it is YOUR notebook.

OP
V
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. Devilboy, my question is will the warping continue? I have to head back to Southeast Asia in a couple of months and will not be able to return the MBP to be fixed without some serious shipping costs. So I would rather nip this problem in the bud now if there is a chance that it will warp some more.

Cheers again,

Vinh

Reaction score
personally i've never had the problem my self so i cant answer for devil boy
but ... it seems like it could be form heat or something...which isn't to good and if your headed to asia...which is which is a pretty humid place... it could open a possibility for condensation to occur on the inside of your laptop...so that might just be something you want to think about before you just "let it go" also it might be warped from the heat or something like i said i dont know...so theres always the chance of it continuing and getting worse only time will tell

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.