Fan has become noticeably loud after Fan Control 1.1

Reaction score
Fan has become noticeably louder at 1800 rpm

I tried browsing around to see if there already was a thread for what my issue is, but there didn't seem to be one, hence the creation of this one.

Ever since I installed Fan Control and removed it, my Macbook's fan hasn't run quite the same. I followed the proper steps to uninstall it, and then installed smcFanControl to reset the fan speed back to the default of 1800.

My Macbook is only a few weeks old. Before I installed Fan Control, when running at 1800 rpm or below, I couldn't even hear any fan whatsoever. Now though, even when it's running at 1800, the noise of the fan is noticeable. Not extremely loud, just obviously present.

I was wondering if this is normal as Macbooks age (even though I've only had it for a very brief period of time), or if there is some way I can get it running completely silent again at the normal fan speed.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hmm, how loud is it? You may just be listening too hard to it and being a bit paranoid about it of course, but unless it's grinding and sounding a little healthy, I wouldn't worry too much.

Perhaps run something like AppZapper or AppDelete just to make sure it's fully uninstalled.

Reaction score
i am a new user and i have also installed the fan control staff... the problem is

Left Fan is around 1800 rpm
Right Fan is -1 rpm

When i upper the base speed for example 2500 rpm OR Lower the threshold... left one is ok but right fan is still -1 rpm... is it a problem???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
POS Dell right now. 2.8 ghz pentium 4 256mb RAM and 40GB HD
That might be a hardware issue, 1 RPM shouldn't be anything software tells the fan to do, that's the speed of a second hand on a clock. I'm not yet a Mac user but to me it sounds like a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
The MacBook only has a left fan. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.