Connecting PRo to Exeternal LCD

Reaction score
I recently bought a Macbook PRo and am trying to connect it to my 26" Samsung LCD through a DVI to HDMI cable. It is connecting just fine but it cuts off a couple iinches off the top and the bottom of the screen is there a way to fix this? Also is there a way to make it duplicate my primary display the screen of the laptop.

THanks for any input

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
There is a setting in the display preferences that you have to uncheck, I think something about overscan, or oversize, this should bring the whole screen into view, but with a small amount of black around the edges. also, you can either set the display parameter for 'mirror' with a check, and the desktop will look the same on both monitors, or you can go to arrange, and on one of the screens in that window, there will be a little white or grey bar over it, this determines which is the master window, just drag the bar to the other one and it will change.

If you want the screen to fit properly, and your 26" display has a VGA port, then use the DVI - VGA adaptor and a VGA cable. I do this with my 46" LCD TV, works great. When I use the DVI - HDMI, I get the same issue you describe.

Brian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.