Boot Camp and Windows Vista

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have Vista and OS X running my new Macbook Pro.
No problems there.
I have two questions:
How can I force boot camp to load vista as default instead of os X?
How can I make boot camp give me the options that I get by holding the option/alt key without actually holding the key?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
1) in either windows or X, open boot camp assistant and select vista to be the default OS.

2) i don't think u can do that.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thank you.
That worked.
It's too bad, I really like to see the two hdd pictures showing on startup so I can select which one I want.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have Vista and OS X running my new Macbook Pro.
No problems there.
I have two questions:
How can I force boot camp to load vista as default instead of os X?
How can I make boot camp give me the options that I get by holding the option/alt key without actually holding the key?

Thank you.

Hi - i am a complete newbie and i am trying to read up about how to install vista on my macbook pro and it all goes over my head - is there a guide out there taht helped you or anywhere that i can get step by step instructions?

Reaction score
Hi - i am a complete newbie and i am trying to read up about how to install vista on my macbook pro and it all goes over my head - is there a guide out there taht helped you or anywhere that i can get step by step instructions?

Apple provides a 26 or so page document that goes step-by-step with your Bootcamp download. Did you print this out and try it? (or is that the complex one for you?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 white book with some niffty icons

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.