Pages iWork 08 question

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a recent switcher and so far am loving my new macbook pro. I have pages 08 version and I am trying to find the clipboard equivalent. I am accustomed to working with Microsoft word for many years and I found th clipboard unction to be very useful when cutting and pasting from one document to another.

Is there anything equivalent to this on Pages? It would make my life much easier as I create quizzez, exams, and documents for my students.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
From the help pages:-
When you use the Copy or Cut command, the selected text is placed in a holding area called the Clipboard, where it remains until you choose Copy or Cut again or you turn off your computer. The Clipboard holds the contents of only one copy or cut operation at a time.

You can have two documents open or more and just cut and paste between them.

I use a fee app called Jump cut
http://jumpcut.sourceforge.net/
It has a huge capacity and is very easy to use

Reaction score
i have a question regarding pages as well. how do i set pages as my default word processor...meaning, if i have both word and pages installed and i want pages to handle all .doc files, how would i go about doing that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Right-click any doc file, in the Opens with section, change it to Pages, and then click Change All...

Reaction score
ok, i figured it out. it's not in the open with section though it's when you right click the file and click get info that you can change how files of that type are handled.

thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.