Help Burning Discs

Reaction score
hey all ....just switched over...i'm having a problem burning discs...i'm using MAX to convert my mp3s over to wav files to burn onto a disc...the problem that i'm having is that i get no audio..i'm burning simply by dragging the file onto the disc and then dropping the disc into the trash....it burns onto the disc and when i open the disc the file is on there but when i put it in my cd player i get no audio..i'll get the track and it's says it's playing but no sound...any idea's...thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
hey all ....just switched over...i'm having a problem burning discs...i'm using MAX to convert my mp3s over to wav files to burn onto a disc...the problem that i'm having is that i get no audio..i'm burning simply by dragging the file onto the disc and then dropping the disc into the trash....it burns onto the disc and when i open the disc the file is on there but when i put it in my cd player i get no audio..i'll get the track and it's says it's playing but no sound...any idea's...thanks

Your burning MP3/WAV CDs and not audio CDs. There is no need to convert MP3 to WAV.

Just burn the cd using iTunes or a third-party application like Disco or Toast.

Reaction score
Hey folks first post here. Im having the same issue, Ive made several coasters out of blank CDs and I cant seem to find out why.

Im using Itunes and dragging my selection over to a burn folder and they seem to work on PCs or this Imac but wont work in my cars. Ive selected the burn audio cd under Itunes preferences and still no dice. Any help with a guy learning on his first mac?:Oops:

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
6172 - if you use a burn folder it just burns the file, so it will play, as an mp3 on a computer, but unless you have an mp3 cd compatable car stereo you won't be able to use it in your car. just use itunes to burn an audio cd.

to the OP, the first reply you got was spot on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.