cleaning

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2GHz 80GB
How should i clean the screen of my macbook? I have some lens cleaning solution i use on my cameras, would this be safe to use on my macbook or should i stick to a moist cloth?

x

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
How should i clean the screen of my macbook? I have some lens cleaning solution i use on my cameras, would this be safe to use on my macbook or should i stick to a moist cloth?

x

A moist cloth is best, unless it's a greasy smudge that you're trying to remove. If it's the latter, try an LCD cleaning kit (they are made especially for LCD screens which can be more sensitive since they are plastic and not glass like your camera lenses are).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it poo's
sweet, thanks I was wondering the same thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 ghz CTD/2gb RAM. iPod Nano Gen 1 (4 GB)
what do those of you with blackbooks use to clean the fingerprints off the outside?

SLC

Reaction score
You also may want to take a look at for screen cleaning iclean by monster. The stuff works amazingly well at removing smudges and leaving no streaks and actually comes with two nice cloth washers. You can find it at most anyplace, got mine from egg.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3G Black Macbook 2.16ghz, 2gb, 160gb
micro fibre cloth works great for me for both the screen and the finger smudges on my blackbook

i didnt use any other products

Reaction score
Go to lenscrafters in the local mall and get a big bottle of lens cleaning solution, no streaks like iclean and gentle enough for eyewear. Just dont spray it directly on the screen, use a microfiber cloth. Its only about 7.00 for a bottle. I picked up an LCD/Plasma screen cleaning kit from target and it left steaks all over.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.