Mac hard drive missing from XP

Reaction score
When I partionioned and formatted the XP side of the drive I was told if I did it to Fat system I would be able to swap files around. (Using Bootcamp)

The windows hard drive appears on OSX but not the MAC drive on XP.

Should it appear or is this not the case?

Felix

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Windows can not read an OSX drive. Not at all. Same with a Linux drive. You can read and write to a FAT32 formatted Windows drive in OSX. Bootcamp is a Bootloader and Driver CD maker. If you want Windows to read a OSX formatted drive you need software like Mac Drive installed in Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Yep. Try Mac drive or HFS explorer.

OP
V
Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

With these programs can you open files and save to the OSX hard drive. I'm thinking of things that are universally compatible such as music, movies, word docs etc.

Felix

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yes, you can read and write to the OSX drive with MacDrive for sure and I am sure that the other does the same thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.