Temporary blank DVD folder will not delete or go away =(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Hi everyone. Long time helper, first time asker (almost)...

I was going to burn a DVD of images last night, with Finder. I put in a blank dvd, Finder made my burn folder, I put in 1600 or so images and clicked Burn.

A few seconds through I realized I forgot a whole year of images. So I hit the stop button. After what felt like days the progress bar finally went away.
The dvd then tried to mount. It just spinned and made seeking noises for a long time. So I rebooted. The iMac would not reboot... as if it was trying to read from the DVD. I hit the power button and held down the mouse button. The DVD ejected and the grey screen got stuck. I hit the power button again.
Finally... the mac was back.

But the burn folder icon is stuck in the desktop and in the sidebar. I cannot eject it. I cannot delete it. Apparently screwing up a burn revokes your 'priviledges' haha.

So... HHEELLPP what do I do? I can't figure this one out =(

Thanks in advance,
Jules

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Try creating another admin user account and then deleting the folder by logging into the new account...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
After having trouble trying to abort burning a cd a couple of months ago, I've concluded I'll never never never try to stop a burn project again. But that's of no help to you! :Oops:

OP
giulio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I didn't want to go through the trouble of creating a new account then deleting it later. But that pointed me in the right direction.

I opened terminal and tranformed myself, superman like, into superuser. Then rm -r /path/to/folder.pfbdfstupidFileExtension
It worked =)

Thanks for the help everyone!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I didn't want to go through the trouble of creating a new account then deleting it later. But that pointed me in the right direction.

I opened terminal and tranformed myself, superman like, into superuser. Then rm -r /path/to/folder.pfbdfstupidFileExtension
It worked =)

Thanks for the help everyone!

i will remember this for the future just in case. Thanks for the info!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.