External Monitor

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting an external monitor for my mbp. I was wondering if anyone can suggest any good models; and also does an external monitor workout very well? Like do you have to leave the laptop's screen open all the time with an external monitor or can you leave it shut once the computer is turned on? LMK, thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I use Dell's cheapo 22" monitor to get the biggest screen on my budget. It's ok for basic use, but video playback is pretty bad.

If I had the money, I would get one of their high-end 24" or 30" monitors which use the same LCD as Apple's Cinema displays but are a lot cheaper.

Reaction score
I use Dell's cheapo 22" monitor to get the biggest screen on my budget. It's ok for basic use, but video playback is pretty bad.

If I had the money, I would get one of their high-end 24" or 30" monitors which use the same LCD as Apple's Cinema displays but are a lot cheaper.

At work I use the Apple Cinema, the monitor is superb. I don't use the built in screen when plugged in, the difference is shocking.

Would love to get one from home too... which model is the same for the dell as the Apple screens? Maybe the UltraSharp 2407WFP-HC 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor for the 23-inch Apple Cinema?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
I have a 20" dell 2007WFP monitor, its by far the best screen i have ever had.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
I use a Viewsonic VX2025wm 20.1" monitor. On the macbook, its fantastic, but it is now discontinued. Im not sure what the monitor replacing it is like

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I have the Samsung Syncmaster 226BW for my MacBook Pro. Here it is: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2881203&CatId=2775. I have the MBP, and it compliments mine very well, as i use both monitors since i use the Adobe software everyday.

Second that. I have the 225bw version of that monitor and it's a beaut. Videos look great on it whether from DVD or, um, downloaded from the iTunes store. They're going for about US$300 these days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.