Keep plugged in or take AC out when charged?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
I have had a search but i could not find the information that i was after and only found other battery related info such as calibration.

during general use when im at home is it best to keep the AC connected and leave it even when its fully charged, or leave the AC disconnected as long as possible and only keep it in while charging and onced charged take it out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
as far as i know once the battery is charged the macbook just powers its self from the plug so not to use the battery this is to give you a longer life on your battery so i leave mine plugged in just about all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook C2D 1gb ram 120gb
What i do is charge it right up and then unplug it when it gets to 100% and then let it run down all the way again and repeat. Ive had my macbook since xmas and it has 320cycles to it and the battery health is still at 100%.

On my old laptop i always left it in and now im lucky to get 10mins out of the battery.

I would just charge, uplug let it run down and repeat.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
so far there are 2 different opposit recommendations. :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i do my method like that because thats what ive heard you should do on lots of different batterys to keep them healthy.

maybe someone with moreknowledge will say something

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I leave mine plugged in all the time (13" MB C2D). I set an iCal reminder to cycle it once a month out of guilt and old habbits. Generally I just put in a DVD and let it play in the background to deplete it. That said, Proxy is correct. The battery does "disconnect" from charging once it reaches full charge. You can verify this. Check your battery meter after it has been fully charged and has been sitting around plugged in for a week or so. The indicator will probably read 98% or so and stay that way for awhile. That's because it isn't charging anymore and is "naturally" depleting itself as all batterys do over time. Unplug the charging cable for a minute or so and then plug it in again and you will get an indication (in minutes or percentage depending on your preferences) that it will be recharged in a few minutes. You'll also notice this doesn't set the cycle increment up one more count because it hasn't depleted sufficiently.
-Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
really? thats clever, i wish my toshiba did that!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.