Does it bother you typing on the Macbook?

Reaction score
When I first bought, I got a Macbook, because it seemed like the specs were close and it was cheaper. I found it uncomfortable to type on them though because of the edge where my wrist leaned on the machine. I exchanged it for a MBP, and for what I do it's a better fit, but that always bothered me about the MB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you type ergonomically, you shouldn't feel the edges. Granted, many people don't type this way on a laptop.

I guess I just have a greater threshold for pain because it doesn't bother me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Kash is correct, if you're leaning on the edge of the case while typing then sharp edges are the least of your worries.

I have a Speck case on mine, and I still don't have any problems from the sharp edge.

OP
Jhorra
Reaction score
What are you supposed to do when you type? Hold your wrists above it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
yes, you are suppose to hold your wrist up when you type. however i dont know many people that do.

I have no problem with the edges hurting my wrists. I have never used a MBP to feel the differance when i type.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
If you type ergonomically, you shouldn't feel the edges. Granted, many people don't type this way on a laptop.

I guess I just have a greater threshold for pain because it doesn't bother me...

Agreed... I have seen this complaint a few times here, and I know what they are talking about... But I just don't understand what the problem is... It certainly doesn't "hurt" or bother me.... I could however, see where it might be an issue if someone wanted to do, say a hand stand on the edge of the MacBook... THAT might cause a little discomfort or pain, but otherwise... I just don't get it. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
^^ It WILL hurt later on...and not only when you type. Ergonomics was one of the first things that I had to study during my typing course...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
The fact is guys, if you type correct or not as most of us dont, it still should not have a sharp edge, it is just poor design and its about the only gripe I have with MacBooks, otherwise its the best computer I have ever had. Lets hope Apple get a bit of common sense on the design of the next MacBook and round the edge off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
^^ It WILL hurt later on...and not only when you type. Ergonomics was one of the first things that I had to study during my typing course...
How much "Later on" ??? I mean I have been typing the same way for many years...

Besides, the OP and others are not talking about pain from poor hand position... they are talking about the pain felt from placing their palms on the (what some refer to as) sharp edge of the MacBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.