Monitor is acting wierd

S

Stoomie

I moved my emac to another corner of my desk. now instead of being on the top right corner it is on the top left corner. when I face the computer this way, the right side of the screen becomes oddly colored. its kinda like when u put a magnet near the screen, but theres nothing metalic or magnetic that could be causing this. the side of that screen is next to the wall, so I dont know whats happening. it would not happen to the left side of the screen when it was on the other cortner. can anyone help me out as to what is the problem and how I can fix it? thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I think there must be an energy source around it, there is an affect, so there is a cause - it doesn't have to be magnetic, a strong electric field may be able to do that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
So...if you move it somewhere else, does the problem go away again? If so, there might just be some weird magnetic field in the building somehow.

OP
S

Stoomie

yah even when I move it back to the top right corner and have it facing the same way that it was on the top left corner, it still does that. It only happens to the right side of the screen.

OP
S

Stoomie

i shut my emac off for the night and today i started it up and the problem went away

OP
I

Icarus

in the wall, there are studs, which are held in place with nails. Now I doubt that the small nail would really mess up the monitor, but that makes sense to me. (wall corners do the same

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Stoomie said:
i shut my emac off for the night and today i started it up and the problem went away

The CRT might have needed degaussing, which I believe most AIO Mac's automatically perform upon a full shutdown/restart.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.