• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD 08 audio problem?? HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16ghz
I previously created a slideshow in the previous version of iDVD and set up a playlist for audio in iTunes. I had no trouble dragging this playlist from the media pane in the old iDVD into the audio pane to add my playlist to my slideshow, which I then burned to DVD with great results. Last week I updated to iLife 08. Today I tried to open the project in question in order to change a few of the slides (got some new pictures to add), that's it. For some reason I cannot get my exact same playlist from iTunes back into this (barely) modified slideshow and I'm extremely frustrated. In fact, one of the songs I purchased from iTunes will not load into this slideshow at all now. When I try to drag it into the audio pane at the bottom I get a weird message saying that I'm not authorized to play the tune without doing something.... huh? I bought the tune so what's the problem? I clicked ok and it said it was opening iTunes so that I could authorize it. It then asked for my apple id and password and then congratulated me for authorizing the song to play on 1 of 5 machines. How could it have been authorized for 2 months and worked fine before but not now? Is this something to do with the iLife 08 upgrade? This doesn't make any sense. I kept trying different things like rebuilding the playlist in iTunes under a different folder name and selecting that in iDVD. No dice. I just keep getting the message that the track is not authorized. I'm ready to smash something with a hammer...

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16ghz
It's frustrating that my numerous threads go so long unanswered. I can't be the only one experiencing this...

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16ghz
My apologies for the last post. I'm sure you can sense my frustration. Anyone else have this issue pop up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I suggest you try using the Apple discussion forums. Start with a search. Clearly there is a lack of information here on this topic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.