Purchasing: To wait or not to wait

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new around here.

I'm going to be purchasing the new iMac, 2.4GHz machine soon. The question develops into this:
Buy now and get a free iPod nano (educator disc promo) OR wait until Leopard comes out, so that I won't have to spend $129 to get it. Advice??

As a sub-question.. I heard that there is quite possible the new iPods coming out on Sept. 5. Do you think the free ipod nano (the deal ends 9/16) will expand to include the new iPods?

I appreciate your input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Well, if I was running that company, I would release the new iPods on the 17th in that case. There's definitely an iPod announcement coming, but that doesn't mean the Nano will definitely see a change. I don't think Apple updates the entire iPod line at once. At least for this question you have the luxury of time to wait and see what happens (after the 5th)

You could buy it on the 16th and hope that Leopard is released within 30 days so you'll get it for free anyway; getting the best of both worlds. But again, if I were running the company . . .

Reaction score
ooo nice, ive been this close to buying one glad i saw this... im waiting anyways till i pay off my bike but... good thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
Well, if I was running that company, I would release the new iPods on the 17th in that case. There's definitely an iPod announcement coming, but that doesn't mean the Nano will definitely see a change. I don't think Apple updates the entire iPod line at once. At least for this question you have the luxury of time to wait and see what happens (after the 5th)

You could buy it on the 16th and hope that Leopard is released within 30 days so you'll get it for free anyway; getting the best of both worlds. But again, if I were running the company . . .

I doubt Apple will update iPods on the 17th even if the Sept 5 event isn't iPod-related... I don't believe Apple would have a music event the 5th ("The beat goes on" in the invites kinda give the theme away) only to release a music product less than two weeks later (with or without an event).

Personally, I'd wait to the 5th and then make a decision.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.